Design Principles [Final Compilation]

02.06.2024 - 03.24.2024  / week 1 - week 7

Sheryne Axellia Putri / 0367267 / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Design Principles 


         SUBMISSION        

[Task 1: Exploration]

Link: Task 1 

1. Chosen Goal: 
Figure 1.1 Week 2 (02/13/2024) Peace, justice, and strong institutions.


2. The selected existing art/design work that revolves around the goal.

Title: We Shall Return.
Figure 1.2 Week 2 (02/13/2024) We Shall Return by Abu Shtayyah.

Artist: Imad Abu Shtayyah
Year: 2014
Size: 182 x 142 cm 
Medium: Oil on Canvas


3. Explain and Identify
  • One of the development goals of UNSGD is to aware everyone of the world of the war between Russia and Ukraine, Promoting justice based on the genocide in Palestine is a way to support the Palestinian people and bring more attention to human rights violations that are happening. Not to mention a permanent ceasefire hasn't been applied yet. This is why I want to focus on the purpose of Justice in War crimes and genocide. With the emphasis on a large woman as the dominant figure, while wearing colorful traditional Palestinian clothes that contrast with the dull colors of the destroyed buildings. Most of the artist's works revolve around a Palestinian woman that depicted as the pure protector of the culture. There's a balance between her hands with the buildings that could form like an arrow shape which proves her body language that she is resilient to what's happening. (149 words)




[Task 2: Visual Analysis]

Link: Task 2


1. Visual Analysis (presentation)

Figure 1.3 Week 4 (02/29/2024) Visual analysis presentation.








[Task 3: Design]

Link: Task 3


<Sheryne Axellia Putri_Folds of Memories_Task 3>

Figure 1.4 Week 7 (03/21/2024) Final Result (JPEG).





[Blog Pdf File]



<Sheryne Axellia Putri_202402_Design Principles Blog>.pdf


         REFLECTION        

1. What have I learned in this module?
What I learned the most through this module is, that to make an impactful artwork that could affect a lot of people, we need to have a clear idea of what exactly we want the viewer to feel, and what reaction would they get from the artwork.

2. What did I enjoy the most?
I think mostly the coloring part, I enjoyed trying to see what colors would fit and messing around with the palette. I also enjoyed the part where we could consult the lecturer and ask for their feedback.

3. What did I not enjoy the most?
That would be my time management, the module gives us a lot of time to finish our tasks, but because of my procrastination, I have to pull all-nighters to finish the tasks.

4. What have I learned about myself through this module?
Do not be afraid about myself or others when creating something, because the purpose of design is to speak through the illustrations and people don’t have to agree about what I think and believe.

5. What has changed and what has not in my learning journey?
Back then, my approach to design was centered around creating visuals that would leave people in awe. However, over time, my perspective has shifted towards considering the purpose of the design and the intended audience before diving into the creative process. Despite this change, my goal remains the same that is to create designs that convey a message and evoke a range of perspectives from the viewer.

6. What could be improved in this module?
I would love it if the module is focused on physical products it could allow exploring more, but I understand because this is a short sem, a digital/soft copy is much easier and less time-consuming.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography [Task 1: Exercises]

Illustration & Visual Narrative [Task 2 : Decisive Moment]

Design Principles [Task 1 : Exploration]